Summer has officially arrived in the City of Brotherly Love! While you’re enjoying time spent lounging by the pool and midday barbecues, make sure that you’re also taking care of your health. Use these five easy tips for a healthier summer!
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water in the summer is especially important, as you sweat more than usual during this season. Remember to drink at least eight glasses of water every day. If you’re having trouble drinking your water, try eating it—watermelon and cucumber are both tasty sources of hydration.
- Wear your sunscreen. Sunscreen isn’t just for kids. UV rays can damage your skin in as little as 15 minutes, so make sure that you’re applying sunscreen with an SPF factor of at least 15 before you go outside. Reapply every two hours—more often if you’re going swimming or exercising.
- Stay smart when you exercise. Exercise is a year-round commitment—but exercising in the summer can be dangerous if you aren’t careful. Remember to bring plenty of water along with you if you exercise outdoors. You should also limit your sun exposure time between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., as this is when the sun is at its peak and you’re most likely to get burned.
- Cover up. The intense heat of the summer sun can make it easy to forget about burns and skin health. If you’re spending more than an hour or two outside, bring along a lightweight, dark colored shirt and a wide-brimmed hat to protect yourself from harsh rays.
- Schedule those appointments you’ve been putting off. Summer is the perfect time to catch up on those appointments. No matter if you’re interested in a cosmetic veneer treatment or you’re looking for a dentist to help you conquer your dental phobia in Philadelphia, Wynnewood Dental Arts is here to help.
From cosmetic whitening treatments to routine cleanings and fillings, Wynnewood Dental Arts is your source for thorough and pain free dentistry in Philadelphia. Do you have a dental appointment you’ve been putting off? Schedule your appointment with our team today—call us or browse our site to get started on the path to a better smile!